Monday, April 21, 2008

LUCKY, LUCKY ME!!!!


Lately I have been thinking a lot about how lucky/blessed I am. And these two are the main reason. I haven't written the story of how Steve and I met. So here goes:

I had just started working at Granite Furniture as a floor and window coverings sales associate. (yes I know what a glamorous job), I trained in SLC the first week so I hadn't met anyone in the Orem store except for the Carpet Dept. Manager, Mike Westberg. So my first day at the Orem store Mike was taking me around and introducing me to all of my new co-workers and this young good-looking guy walks out of the warehouse. Mike introduces us, which was a brief "hi, nice to meet you" and then we walk away. Mike apparently notices my eyes following Steve as he is walking away, he laughs and says "All the girls like Steve". Mike and I had a very sarcastic relationship from the get-go so I reply and say " I am not like "all" the girls - I am going to get him." Not really meaning anything except to jest back and forth with Mike. Who knew that a year and a half later we would be getting married for time and all eternity in the Jordan River temple. To this day Mike still takes credit for our being together.


Everyone that knows me knows how loud and obnoxious that I am, well anyone the knows Steve knows how shy and reserved he is. At first many people thought it interesting that we fit so well, being polar opposites, BUT what some don't get is that I am the one that gets to see the crazy, sarcastic, and utterly funny side of Steve that most don't. I feel lucky that, that is reserved for me. His sense of humor is hilarious, mainly because you don't think it is coming, then WHAM! he says something you would never expect. I love this man more than I could possibly explain. He is truly the nicest person you will meet. He would do anything for anyone. And he is the best dad to our little girl. She can't wait for Daddy to get home from school, and without fail everyday, she runs to him as soon as he walks in the door. There is nothing better on this earth than seeing them together. I am so lucky to have them in my life.






1 comment:

Camille said...

Reading that story brought back memories of the Provo townhouse and hanging out together! I miss you guys!